Owner Kraus-Anderson (KA), under the leadership of the Twin Cities based Engelsma Family, has, for over a century, shown a commitment to innovation and community involvement, both shaping and being shaped by society’s changing needs while delivering on a promise of customer satisfaction.
The development and management of shopping centers has kept KA at the forefront of population shifts begun in the early 1950’s.
As the construction company for Miracle Mile, opened in 1951 at the Twin Cities’ busiest on-grade intersection, Highway 100 and Excelsior Boulevard in St. Louis Park, KA set its course for the next 65 years.
The phenomenal growth of shopping centers naturally followed the migration of population out from the Twin Cities to first and second ring suburbs.
In the 1970’s, KA began expanding its development both instate and out of state as opportunities presented themselves. For nearly 50 years, under the leadership of Dan Engelsma, Vice Chairman of the Board, Kraus-Anderson Companies, Inc., KA Realty has expanded its commercial portfolio to more than 4.5 million square feet of property including retail, office, apartments, senior housing, medical offices/facilities and industrial properties.
The Kraus-Anderson Family of Companies, known by its black and red K/A shield, are familiar and respected across the state and the nation.